February 26, 2009

Another original

"Equivocal"

Standing from a distance
You look so very tall
But way up close you seem to me
Like you feel very small

No matter what you're going through
I'll love you just the same
I know how much life hurts right now
It isn't you I blame.

You need to know I believe in you
And I know what you can be
Life might not be so difficult
If you wouldn't fight it so desperately

You know I have to leave you now
It's time for me to go
I've waited here for you too long
And what have I to show
Life doesn't wait for anyone
I pray peace one day you know

2 comments:

Ellentia said...

I really like this one. It is one of my favorites.

~Ellentia

Leighanne said...

Really? It's not one of my favorites at all. Actually I don't even think I like it that much...

~JCP