February 21, 2009

Hope you can read this. Hahahaha, it was humorous to me.


Tale of an impatient two year old
Philip marched up to the librarian this morning, who was preoccupied with another job. He slammed his book on the counter and demanded "Type us in NOW!"

What can you be thinking, that newly abandoned child doesn't belong to me....


The only fan of a slightly obscure sci-fi show
Recently my Facebook status was a quote from 3rd Rock From The Sun. It said
"Stupid, STUPID alien! I do irrational, often annoying things for LOVE!"


This is a quote by John Lithgow's character Dick. Well, apparently no one else caught my reference. I had all these messages reassuring me that I wasn't stupid, telling me I was stupid...and one kind friend thought I was having some sort of relationship breakdown. *sigh* Just a happy quote, friends...


The Urge To Scrapbook
So, I have the great urge to scrapbook. Namely, to create digital scrapbook pages to print off my own 2008 choir tour scrapbook. Both sets of my grandparents have their own copy of this...and yet, I don't. Weird. Besides this weirdness, I want to redo them for a different page size and mess around with the content for my own copy.


Volunteer Work
This morning me, my father, and various other siblings participated in our church's monthly work day. I met my bestie beforehand at IHOP...we managed to pull in at the same time in spaces right next to each other, and get out to find we were wearing matching clothes. That's special right there. The rest of the morning we painted and worked in a food pantry. And daddy patched a wall. I never before realized how many brands of green beans there were.

Book Worms
This weekend is the annual book fair at the expo center. Let me tell you, it is a madhouse in there. Thousands of people almost pushing each other to rifle through stacks of maddenly unsorted books of every possible variety. Well, they're sorted by category. Tired spouses and bored children left to stand guard over piles and piles of books. Besides the old cloth bound pieces of literature, these books can be had 24/7 at the library for free. I wonder why these people get so excited.

They had an entertaining loudspeaker at least. It was announced that if the named party does not go out front immediately it will be necessary to call a taxi...and that we know such and such is not lost, but their poor friend is, and will they come find her at the information desk...and will Sam and Dick the Yin Twins please show themselves...odd.

No comments: