January 27, 2009

Update from the land of ice......




We have been declared a disaster area. If there is a commissioner out there thinking we are suffering a disaster because we get a few extra days to take it easy our warm snug homes, I should hope that commissioner never has a tree fall on his house. It might redefine his idea of a disaster. Okay, so I guess there are some power outages and a few dozen wrecks...[and when I say a few dozen I really mean exactly 900]




We made stew and hot tea and sledded down our driveway. Not too bad at all. Unfortunately school could not be totally gotten rid of (I can never convince our school board that the ice creates hazardous transportation issues), and I plugged away at a few academic endeavors, including at least 4 hours filling out scholarship applications.

The same thing over and over and over. With all sorts of road bumps and detestable essays in between. I have a new arch enemy.

We pulled a glass bottle out of the refrigerator at lunchtime. There was some yellowie liquid in it, which was, to say the least, quite gross. Dad had assumed it was a science experiment. It was, I said, a science experiment gone bad that just escaped from the soda bottling factory. It actually contained some sort of papaya guava lemon soda concoction, which was naturally rejected by myself when I first tasted it. Unfortunately, the back shelf of the fridge failed its trash compactor examination and the repulsive stuff refused to be obliging and vaporize itself.

Insubordination.

I leave you with this nice little quote, especially applicable to those of you also experiencing a "state of disaster."

In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer - Albert Camus



Oh yes, I nearly forgot. Below this is a post of my Brickfish entries. If you care to, votes on my photographs will be accepted. :-)

8 comments:

Ellentia said...

"Long eyelashes finally close in slumber"

I have to wait 8 hours before I can vote again, but I will vote as many times as possible!

~Ellentia

Anonymous said...

I like the "Girl with out stretched arms".

Petr said...

Are #12 and #13 the same place? Very impressive.

Ellentia said...

#12 is at the Grand Tetons (as stated) and #13 is at Yellowstone.

I am the one in the "Girl with out stretched arms".

~Ellentia

Leira Violet said...

omg! how are you? I didn't know oklahoma was declared a disaster area. I hope that you're okay.

Leira Violet said...

I'm at Spelman College in Atlanta. How has your senior year been?

Leira Violet said...

Hey, I really don't want to sound rude or anything, but will you please not leave my real name in comments? I just want to keep my real name seperate from my online name as much as possible.

Unknown said...

Renewal payments for life insurance can be done online, through Bajaj Allianz offices or through Online Payment and bank branches
Bajaj Allianz Online Payment