February 5, 2009

I got a little hyperlink happy....

Last weekend we actually went on two college visits. Yes. It was January of my senior year before we went on a single one. All the overachiever sophomores who have visited every college in the state and five more around the country now have license to gloat.

So, I started out leaning heavily towards OSU. For no logical reason, just predisposed bias. We toured OU first, and I was pretty impressed. They had telephone booths!!!!! I could go there every day and pretend to be Rose Tyler....except, of course, Tardis is a blue police call box and not a red telephone booth.



There was somebody in the cafeteria playing Disney songs on the community piano, that was nice. The old library was also awesome. They smooshed seven layers of library into a four story height, which means the ceiling of each was only just high enough for me to walk into. The floors were separated only by cemented glass blocks. My cousin Joe would have to do a log roll to get from one side to the other. Not sure he could even crawl through on hands and knees. :-D Love you Joe.

After getting back from OU, I spent a good part of the night hanging with choir friends. We ate a whole lot of pasta, and read letters Brittany's dad had sent her mom while he was still in India. Bryan tased himself until he collapsed, after which the taser was taken away. Ha.

Our OSU visit the next morning was a little crazy. We went on one of those mongo group tour days. It wasn't really what I expected, and I was more than a little underimpressed. Wait, that's a terrible sentence. More-Little-Underimpressed...contradictory. Anyway, we still have more colleges to visit so the race isn't over yet.

This weekend I'm heading out of town to a retreat with the confirmands at church, undoubtedly many adventures to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful and don't be confused!

Leighanne said...

Grannie? Grandma? Amy? Dave? Curious as to who the comment was from...

~JCP

Ellentia said...

And while you were reading those letters, we were hiding in the garage, honking the car horn every so often and scaring people. Twas great fun.

~Ellentia