March 13, 2009

Me - The New Hawaiin Smock Dealer


The shortest distance between two points
is always under construction. ~Noelie Altito


A tree never hits an automobile
except in self defense. ~American Proverb


Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits
are objects of scorn to smart Americans who
blow horns to break up traffic jams. ~Mary Ellen Kelly


Any man who can drive safely
while kissing a pretty girl
is simply not giving the kiss
the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein



We trooped down to the Driver's License place today -- DPS? DOT? DMV? -- to get things updated. I am now the happy possessor of an unrestricted license, meaning I can now drive at any hour of the day, and carry as many distracting passengers as I please. wOoT

It was, as always drudgery in that office. Wild ideas start coming into your head, like - somebody really needs to stand up and announce a game of musical chairs, or whip out Catch Phrase or Mad Gab, or even hangman. Maybe it would even be sufficient to have a group of people standing at the door to greet people as they came it. We could pass out tropical leis and name tags:





I can only imagine what would happen if those examiners came into the waiting room to find 30 previously subordinate serfs in a big circle, wearing bright hawaiian print smocks and floppy hats, laughing happily and playing party games. They would, likely as not, order us all out immediately or arrest us for disturbing the mortuary. Political prisoners.

Makes you really want to go out and start purchasing hawaiian print smocks in bulk.

I did escape the office for a little while to walk around outside. I observed construction workers smashing discarded glass doors with bricks (more of that having-too-much-fun-for-their-own-good business), and nearly got run over chasing a button from my sweater that fell into the street.

My license picture was actually an improvement over the restricted version, even though I made the bad decision to make it hair experiment day, and this particular experiment will now be forever preserved.

The unrestricted license is just in time for me to legally drive myself to the bowling alley this evening to party for the majority of the night. The only on-time blessing the DPS ever gave me.

No comments: